Today we talk to Nicholas Lam about his hometown Singapore! He gives us insider information about how to make the most of a weekend in Singapore.
What you can expect from this article...
- 1 An interview with a Local – How to spend a weekend in Singapore
- 1.1 Hi Nicholas, Where are you living now?
- 1.2 Tell us about yourself?
- 1.3 What is your favourite thing about Singapore?
- 1.4 What is your favourite thing to do on a weekend in Singapore
- 1.5 What in your opinion is the one thing you can’t miss when you visit Singapore for a weekend?
- 1.6 Any top tips for things to do on a rainy day in Singapore?
- 1.7 Where is your favourite restaurant in Singapore?
- 1.8 And where do you suggest going for a drink in the evening in Singapore?
- 1.9 Is there one thing not many people know about Singapore?
- 1.10 Anything else you think we should know before spending a weekend in Singapore?
- 2 Other things to do on a weekend in Singapore
An interview with a Local – How to spend a weekend in Singapore
Hi Nicholas, Where are you living now?
I’m living in Singapore – a city, a state and a country all in one.
Tell us about yourself?
I was born in Singapore and I’ve lived and worked almost all my 32 years here. For the last three, I’ve been working full-time in a local NGO. When I’m not writing about my travels on Rambling Feet, I go for a swim, meet friends and visitors from abroad over meals and research my next trip!
I’m also a big fan of motorsports such as Formula 1, rallying, MotoGP and Formula E. I probably caught the travel bug through attending races in places like Malaysia, Poland and Mexico over the last 12 years.
What is your favourite thing about Singapore?
What is your favourite thing to do on a weekend in Singapore
What in your opinion is the one thing you can’t miss when you visit Singapore for a weekend?
Any top tips for things to do on a rainy day in Singapore?
Where is your favourite restaurant in Singapore?
And where do you suggest going for a drink in the evening in Singapore?
Is there one thing not many people know about Singapore?
Anything else you think we should know before spending a weekend in Singapore?
Nicholas owns a blog called Rambling Feet focusses on solo budget travel and helping people get off the beaten track. He’s a big fan of art, architecture and sampling the local cuisines. He’s travelled to 33 countries but the countries which feature predominantly on the blog are New Zealand, Iran, Finland and the Baltic countries.
Other things to do on a weekend in Singapore
- Explore Singapore’s National Gardens
- Take a Malay heritage tour
- Visit Universal Studios
- Take a night safari at the night zoo
- Visit Sentosa Island
- Take a food tour
- Take a guided tour of Chinatown
- Visit Marina Bay Sands SkyPark
So, there we have it, our locals guide for your Singapore Trip! If you’d like to read more from Nicholas, be sure to check out his blog Rambling Feet
Have you been to Singapore and can share some tips with us? Or perhaps you’re super excited to be planning a trip there right now?! As always I’d love to hear from you!
If you enjoyed this Interview with a Local, you may enjoy these previous interviews!
Jamaica Tel Aviv Dubai Rio de Janeiro Tenerife Paris Lisbon Washington San Diego
Or if you are ready to book your trip, check out this Southeast Asia packing List.
Save these Singapore travel tips for later by pinning them to your Pinterest boards!
This Post Has 2 Comments
I love listening to local’s advice as they seem to give the best ones, tips you can’t read anywhere. This is an exceptional local’s guide for Singapore which everyone planing there should read!
Singapur is one of the best city in the world. It is one of the cleanest city around the world.I like it. I love to traveling. The swimming pol is so unique. When you there I thing the world is different look. Thanks for share the wander view. I will try to go there and injoy the view.